Grow your CV with reSITE
reSITE is looking for motivated and curious interns, offering invaluable professional experience in media, communications, marketing and business development centered on the intersection of architecture, design, and city-making. Apply now!
Internship Opportunities at reSITE
Interns play some of the most important roles at reSITE, thanks to their work we can achieve all of our goals and they get exposed to a friendly and focused work environment full of challenges but also many rewards. Our internship program is directly related to our calendar, this means that the tasks we perform are going to change all the time thus, the profile of our interns will too.
Due to the nature of the reSITE mission, we look for people currently studying architecture, urban Design, landscape design as well as media, communications, marketing and business. Nevertheless, we also look for people with different profiles and skills who want to have direct experience in a small office with big projects.
All applicants should hold the following qualifications:
- Interest in reSITE’s mission
- Desire to gain knowledge of operations in a non-profit organization
- Ability to interact with people in a small, diverse office environment
- General computer skills like word processing, data management, digital imaging
- Interest in architecture, urbanism, design
Communications + Digital Marketing Intern
reSITE communications interns for 2022 will work closely with our Communications & Podcast Production Director, Alexandra Siebenthal, to assist in content development, podcast production for reSITE's podcast, Design and the City, copywriting, marketing operations and other digital communications. Interns will commit to a minimum of number of hours to be completed over the course of 4 months and have the opportunity to complete a project while gaining experience in some of the following:
- Development and execution of communications strategies
- Content development and research
- Preparation of press releases
- Press digitizing and archiving
- Writing articles
- Graphic design
- Video editing
- Social media strategy
- Community management
Business Development Intern
reSITE business development interns for 2022 will work closely with our Podcast Production Director, Alexandra Siebenthal, to provide support in building B2B relationships with potential sponsors, developing partnerships, and project management in regards to reSITE's podcast, Design and the City. Interns will commit to a minimum of number of hours to be completed over the course of 4 months and have the opportunity to complete a project while gaining experience in some of the following:
- Account + project management
- Business development
B2B relationship building
Interpersonal leadership skills
- You have the ability to write and communicate in English
- You are self-motivated and a willingness to take initiative in projects and ownership of output
You enjoy both working collaboratively and independently
You are an independent thinker and are able to communicate effectively
You are solution oriented with a no-problem-can’t-be-solved attitude
You are willing to step outside your comfort zone to learn new skills
You are curious, enthusiastic and open-minded
- Interest in architecture, urban design and planning, urban studies, or landscape design
- Long-term internships
- Knowledge or concept of graphic design
- Knowledge of Adobe software
- Skills in video editing
What's in it for you...
- Hands on experience -- becasue we are a small team, you will have a direct impact with the work you contribute
- Opportunity to play a role in crafting a platform that spreads ideas on making cities better places for all
- Chance to grow and learn by working on a small team of international colleagues in a vast range of proficiences
- Develop diverse range of soft and hard skills while adding a great refernce to your CV or resumé
- Opportunity to collaborate and contribute your own ideas and build your confidence
- Starting dates flexible
- Flexible hours over the course of 4 months
- This is an unpaid internship opportunity
reSITE is an inclusive organization that believes everyone has a valuable perspective to contribute when it comes to our urban environments. We do not discrimate based on race, ethnicity, physical ability, gender or sexual orientation.
Does this sound like you? Apply Now!
Latest from reSITE
Socially conscious designers leverage economic, environmental, political and cultural factors and consider them in their efforts to improve the livability of the built environment.
Cities benefit tremendously from the incorporation of greenspace, a connection to nature that is an arena to cultivate community.
Technology is embedded in contemporary cities. From surveillance cameras to street lights, architects, scientists, planners, and engineers are finding new ways to streamline urban environments to improve the quality of life. Yet, some worry that increasing reliance on technology could lead to its potential abuse, especially when it comes to personal privacy.
Within the fields of architecture and urban planning, women are making their case for creating built environments that serve all genders. To close the gap of gender inequality and make spaces more inclusive and safe for women, the unique perspective provided by these speakers is essential to augmenting our idea of design. To move towards more inclusive cities, women must be at the forefront of change.